With restrictions in place around public activity due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, real estate professionals are adapting their marketing strategies and techniques to ensure safety is the top priority, especially when showing homes. Since it’s not a good time to hold open houses, many agents are investing in high-quality photos and video tours, as well as immersive tours, among other techniques that give prospective buyers an impression of a home without having to visit in person. This streamlines the search process and helps buyers narrow down their final selection of prospective homes.
Once a buyer has advanced in their search and is ready to visit, in-person tours are available by appointment with restrictions around how many people can enter a home at once and when. Often the in-person tour is one of the final steps before an offer is made on the property, and it remains a critical piece to the homebuying process. Below are some ways sellers can create a safe in-person showing so a prospective buyer can tour a home with peace of mind for all.
- Disinfect and clean all primary surfaces before the showing. This includes flooring, counters, cabinets, and door handles/knobs.
- Open all interior doors to closets and rooms in addition to some cabinets so the person taking the tour doesn’t need to touch them.
- Turn on all of the lights in the home to prevent others from touching the light switches.
- Reduce clutter and put away as many items as you can to limit their exposure.
- While the showing is taking place, determine a safe place for you and any pets to go.
Your Bennion Deville Homes real estate professional will be here to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have. Additionally, our agents have been instructed to follow a careful set of guidelines when showing homes, including procedures for opening the home, ensuring visitors are adhering to safety standards during the showing, and disinfecting and cleaning your home once the tour has been concluded.
If you are considering your real estate options, we would love the opportunity to be a part of your process. Please connect with a Bennion Deville Homes agent to see how we can unlock possibilities for you.